"A sensational week: a wonderful opportunity for talented young musicians to immerse themselves in the world of song"
Sarah Walker CBE
The Mastercourse reflects Oxford Lieder’s commitment to cultivating the next generation of song performers. The course offers students the chance to immerse themselves completely in song, working with leading professionals in a welcoming, supportive environment, and attending concerts given by world-class artists.
Applications are now open for our next Mastercourse which will run from 29th March to 4th April 2020. The course will be led by Joan Rodgers who will be joined by tutors Julius Drake, Graham Johnson & James Bailleu. The week includes:
- Six days of intensive coaching with Joan Rodgers
- Classes taking place at the Holywell Music Room and an Oxford College
- Additional coaching from four guest pianist tutors
- Participants’ concert in the Holywell Music Room on final day of Festival, as part of the main schedule of Festival recitals
- Private talk and viewing session for participants with the Alfred Brendel Curator of Music at the Bodleian Libraries
- Ample practice facilities
- Free access to all Festival concerts for the duration of the course
- Inclusive of 8 nights’ accommodation in a central Oxford college and all meals
- Generously subsidised course fees
Applications must be received by Friday 6th December.
Please contact Kate Swinburne-Johnson for further information on how to apply.
“The Mastercourse was such a special experience, and one that I will never forget. To spend time in beautiful Oxford, totally immersed in music-making, under the guidance of internationally renowned musicians, and then being able to experience stunning concert performances in the evenings – it was a dream week!”
“This has been one of the richest musical experiences of my life.”
“I cannot thank you all enough for this wonderful experience. To be in such a magical place as Oxford and to be touched by so many brilliant musical minds and teachers in such a short time is absolutely incredible. It has been an inspirational experience.”
Mastercourse - Principal Supporters:
- The Radcliffe Trust
- The Cecil King Memorial Foundation
Young Performers' Programme Supporters:
- The Derrill Allatt Foundation
- The Angus Allnatt Charitable Foundation
- The Batchworth Trust
- The Bishopsdown Trust
- The John S Cohen Foundation
- The Kirby Laing Foundation
- The Jean Meikle Music Trust
- Mr & Mrs J A Pye's Charitable Settlement
- The Adrian Swire Charitable Trust
- Members of the Schubert Circle and Nightingales
Anyone interested in adding further support for the Mastercourse should contact Peter Burrows at [email protected].