What is the Young Artist Platform Award?
Every year Oxford Lieder grants Young Artist Awards to two outstanding duos, all enrolled on post-graduate courses at UK conservatoires and already at the outset of major careers. As part of the award these Young Artists are each given recitals at the Oxford Lieder Festival, as well as a number of paid song recital engagements around the country.
- Suzanne Fischer (soprano) & Panaretos Kyriatzidis (piano)
- Lorena Paz Nieto (soprano) & Johan Barnoin (piano)
- Nicholas Mogg (baritone) & Jâms Coleman (piano)
- Josep Ramon Olivé (baritone) & Ben-San Lau (piano)
- Rosalind Coad (soprano) & Gregory Drott (piano)
- Kangmin Justin Kim (counter-tenor) & Sachika Taniyama (piano)
- Alessandro Fisher (tenor) & Ricardo Gosalbo (piano)
- Winning duo: Lucy Hall (soprano) & Gavin Roberts (piano)
- Runners up: Alison Rose (soprano) & Matthew Fletcher (piano)
- Runners up: Rozanna Madylus (mezzo-soprano) and Finnegan Downie Dear (piano)
- Winning duo: Sonia Grané (soprano) & Edwige Herchenroder (piano)
- Runners up: Victor Sicard (baritone) & Anna Cardona (piano)
- Highly commended: Benjamin Appl (baritone) & Bernadette Bartos (piano)
YOUNG ARTIST PLATFORM RECITALS 2017 AND 2018
Saturday 13 May 2017 at Elmbridge Music Club - Lorena Paz Nieto (soprano) & Johan Barnoin (piano)
Friday 19 May 2017 at Barber Institute - Suzanne Fischer (soprano) & Panaretos Kyriatzidis (piano)
Friday 12 January 2018 at Witney Music Society - Lorena Paz Nieto (soprano) & Johan Barnoin (piano)
How can I apply?
To apply please email Sophie Ruggiero, Learning & Participation Officer at [email protected].
HOW CAN I ENGAGE OXFORD LIEDER YOUNG ARTISTS?
Oxford Lieder offers sponsorship to music clubs, societies and festivals who wish to offer recitals to our exceptional Young Artists. Oxford Lieder will support 50% of the the artist fees, allowing you to engage outstanding musicians at a significantly subsidised rate.
Oxford Lieder will put you in contact with the Young Artists to develop an interesting and attractive programme that appeals to your audience. We are able to provide full texts and translations and, where possible, will also help with promotion. We can also advise on, for example, pre-concert talks to ensure your audience have the best possible experience of what may be their first song recital.
Oxford Lieder's Young Artists are chosen for their commitment, communication, musicianship and programming; these are not only impressive voices, but true artists who bring text and music to life.
The Oxford Lieder Young Artist Platform is generously supported by The Derrill Allatt Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation, Trufflehunter, Jesus College & the Kohn Foundation and the Jean Meikle Trust. Anyone interested in adding further support for the Young Artist Platform should contact Peter Burrows.