44. Thomas Oliemans & Malcolm Martineau: Dichterliebe
15 October 2021, 13:00 - 14:00
Enjoy the whole festival live online for £165 with a Digital Festival Pass. All events will be available on demand after broadcast until 30th November, so you can catch up at a time which suits you.
Schumann’s Dichterliebe (‘Poet’s love’) is one of the towering glories of the song repertoire. Heinrich Heine’s bittersweet poetry inspired sixteen extraordinary songs, individually perfect and further elevated in Schumann’s pioneering advancement of the song cycle. It is sung today by the Dutch baritone Thomas Oliemans, with Malcolm Martineau, and they also include a selection of songs by Clara Schumann, and the Danish composer Niels Gade, who was a close friend of the Schumanns.
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
This event is an in-person and livestreamed event. Livestreamed performances will be available to watch live in our Digital Concert Hall at the advertised performance time and will be available to watch again and on demand until the end of November.
Want to watch this concert in person and at home? 'Hybrid' tickets, valid both in person and for the Digital Concert Hall, are also available for an additional £3 to the in-person price.
All our seating is unreserved. This means you are guaranteed a seat in your chosen area, but not a specific seat. In order to allow for social distancing, you will be seated as an individual or as a group, based on the number of tickets you booked for this concert.
For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The performance duration is approximately 1 hour and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets for both in-person and the Digital Concert Hall will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee.
Due to COVID-19 we have to do things a little differently this year. In order to keep everyone safe, our seating and concert conditions are subject to change in line with changing government guidance.
For more information about our COVID-19 safety measures, please click here.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the concert, please do not attend, but get in touch with our box office to arrange a refund.
Niels Gade (1817 - 1890)
Clara Schumann (1819 - 1896)Ich stand in dunkeln Träumen (Op. 13 no.1) from Sechs Lieder
- Sie liebten sich beide (Op. 13 no.2) from Sechs Lieder
- Der Mond kommt still gegangen (Op. 13 no.4) from Sechs Lieder
- Die stille Lotosblume (Op. 13 no.6) from Sechs Lieder
Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856)
- 1. Im wunderschönen Monat Mai
- 2. Aus meinen Tränen sprießen
- 3. Die Rose, die Lilie, die Taube, die Sonne
- 4. Wenn ich in deine Augen seh
- 5. Ich will meine Seele tauchen
- 6. Im Rhein, im heiligen Strome
- 7. Ich grolle nicht
- 8. Und wüßten's die Blumen, die kleinen
- 9. Das ist ein Flöten und Geigen
- 10. Hör' ich das Liedchen klingen
- 11. Ein Jüngling liebt ein Mädchen
- 12. Am leuchtenden Sommermorgen
- 13. Ich hab' im Traum geweinet
- 14. Allnächtlich im Traume
- 15. Aus alten Märchen
- 16. Die alten, bösen Lieder