18. Maria Forsström & Matti Hirvonen: Stenhammar's Contemporaries
10 October 2021, 22:00 - 23:00
St Hilda's College
Concluding our day focussed on Wilhelm Stenhammar, we welcome back these two exceptional Swedish artists, who gave one of the most memorably dramatic recitals the Festival has ever seen in 2019. They perform Stenhammar alongside another great Swedish song composer, Ture Rangström, and their compatriot Wilhelm Peterson-Berger with whom Stenhammar often found himself at loggerheads!
TRY BEFORE YOU BUY
Maria performing during the first lockdown
This event is an in-person and livestreamed event. Livestreamed performances will be available to watch live in our Digital Concert Hall at the advertised performance time and will be available to watch again and on demand until the end of November.
Want to watch this concert in person and at home? 'Hybrid' tickets, valid both in person and for the Digital Concert Hall, are also available for an additional £3 to the in-person price.
All our seating is unreserved. This means you are guaranteed a seat in your chosen area, but not a specific seat. In order to allow for social distancing, you will be seated as an individual or as a group, based on the number of tickets you booked for this concert.
For groups of more than 10, please phone or email the box office to book your tickets.
The performance duration is approximately 1 hour and there will be no interval.
TICKETS AND PASSES
(Online bookings only)
Book five or more concerts at the same time: 5% discount
Book ten or more concerts at the same time: 10% discount
Book fifteen or more concerts at the same time: 15% discount
For even further discounts click here for more information on our Festival Passes.
Tickets for both in-person and the Digital Concert Hall will be issued as eTickets by default. Printed tickets are available on request, for an additional fee.
Due to COVID-19 we have to do things a little differently this year. In order to keep everyone safe, our seating and concert conditions are subject to change in line with changing government guidance.
For more information about our COVID-19 safety measures, please click here.
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 on the day of the concert, please do not attend, but get in touch with our box office to arrange a refund.
Wilhelm Peterson-Berger (1867 - 1942)Intet är som väntans tider
- Nicht lange durstest du noch from Dionysos-Dithyramb, 'Dichtungen von Friedrich Nietzsche'
- Tag meines Lebens! from Dionysos-Dithyramb, 'Dichtungen von Friedrich Nietzsche'
- Heiterkeit, güldene, komm! from Dionysos-Dithyramb, 'Dichtungen von Friedrich Nietzsche'
- Längtan heter min arvedel
Wilhelm Stenhammar (1871 - 1927)Florez och Blanzeflor, 'Blossom and Whiteblossom' (Op. 3)
- Där innerst i min tanke, 'Deep down in my spirit' from Sju dikter ur Ensamhetens tankar, 'Seven poems from pensive moods in loneliness'
- Kom, vänner, 'Come, friends' from Sju dikter ur Ensamhetens tankar, 'Seven poems from pensive moods in loneliness'
- Du hade mig kär, 'To you I was dear' from Sju dikter ur Ensamhetens tankar, 'Seven poems from pensive moods in loneliness'
- Vid fönstret (Op. 20) from Fem sånger till dikter av Bo Bergman (Five songs to poems by Bo Bergman)
- Flickan kom ifrån sin älsklings möte (Op. 4 no.1)
Ture Rangström (1884 - 1947)Pan
- Vildgässen flytta, 'The wild geese move'
- Vinden och trädet
- Kastaliskt from Trots allt - Fem dikter av Bo Bergman, 'Against all odds - Five poems by Bo Bergman'
- Tristans död from Trots allt - Fem dikter av Bo Bergman, 'Against all odds - Five poems by Bo Bergman'