Stockholm to Vienna: Camilla Tilling & Paul Rivinius
20 October 2018, 19:30
Swedish soprano Camilla Tilling is in demand on stages the world over, and is joined tonight by her regular duo partner Paul Rivinius. They present a programme that begins in Vienna, with Mahler, Schoenberg and Korngold, before moving to Sweden for songs by Bo Linde and Wilhelm Stenhammar, and ending in Finland with a group of songs by Sibelius.
N.B. A 'Nordic Day Pass' is available to purchase for £60 which will enable you to attend all talks and concerts (excluding meals) at the festival on 20th October 2018. Please book your Day Pass here: https://www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/event/896
Click here to buy your programme pass for all evening concerts (12 - 27 October 2018) for just £40.
All programme passes will be available to collect from the Friends of Oxford Lieder Desk at all concerts.
Erich Korngold (1897 - 1957)Schneeglöckchen (Op. 9 no.1) from 6 Einfache Lieder
- Ständchen (Op. 9 no.3) from 6 Einfache Lieder
- Liebesbriefchen (Op. 9 no.4) from 6 Einfache Lieder
- Sommer (Op. 9 no.6) from 6 Einfache Lieder
Arnold Schoenberg (1874 - 1951)
Gustav Mahler (1860 - 1911)Ich atmet’ einen linden Duft from Rückert-Lieder
- Liebst du um Schönheit from Rückert-Lieder
- Blicke mir nicht in die Lieder! from Rückert-Lieder
- Ich bin der Welt abhanden gekommen (G. Mahler) from Rückert-Lieder
- ~~~ Interval ~~~
Bo Linde (1933 - 1970)Äppelträd och päronträd (The apple tree and the pear tree) (Op. 40) from Fjorton sånger om våren
- Den ängen där du kysste mig (The meadow where you kissed me) (Op. 40) from Fjorton sånger om våren
Wilhelm Stenhammar (1871 - 1927)Vandraren, 'The Wanderer' (Op. 26 no.1) from Visor och stämningar, 'Songs and Moods'
- Nattyxne, 'Butterfly Orchid' (Op. 26 no.2) from Visor och stämningar, 'Songs and Moods'
- Det far ett skepp, 'A ship sails' (Op. 26 no.5) from Visor och stämningar, 'Songs and Moods'
- Jungfru blond och jungfru brunett, 'Miss Blonde and Miss Brunette' (Op. 26 no.4) from Visor och stämningar, 'Songs and Moods'
Jean Sibelius (1865 - 1957)Den Första Kyssen (Op. 37 no.1)
- Lasse liten (Op. 37 no.2)
- Soluppgång (Op. 37 no.3)
- Var det en dröm? (Op. 37 no.4)
- Flickan kom ifrån sin älsklings möte (Op. 37 no.5)
- En Slända (Op. 17)
SopranoA winning combination of clarity of voice and musical versatility has played no small part in sustaining Camilla Tilling’s career at the highest level for the last two decades. This Swedish soprano has consistently appeared on the world’s major opera, concert and recital stages while simultaneously building an impressive discography, of which her most recent releases include Die Schöpfung with Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks under Bernard Haitink and an acclaimed portrait of Gluck & Mozart Arias with Musica ... Read Full Biography
PianoPaul Rivinius received his first piano lessons at the age of five. His first teachers were Gustaf Grosch in Munich and Alexander Sellier, Walter Blankenheim and Nerine Barrett at the Saarbrucken College of Music. After leaving school he also studied the horn with Marie-Luise Neunecker at the Frankfurt College of Music and continued his piano studies with Raymund Havenith. In 1994 he joined Gerhard Oppitz’ advanced course at the Munich College of Music where he finished his studies with distinction in 1998. For many years Paul Ri... Read Full Biography
This event is part of a series:
The 17th Oxford Lieder Festival will celebrate a rich tapestry of music, words and performance in European song. Our Grand Tour of song will showcase the pinnacles of the repertoire while exploring wider cultural and geographical influences. International stars, prize-winning young artists and a wide range of concerts and other related events will take us on this beguiling journey. View the ...