At this year's Festival, 8-23 October, we'll be marking our 20th anniversary with an amazing fortnight packed with more than 100 events. With all events presented in person as well as online, our priority is keeping our audience and staff safe in our venues. We want to ensure you feel confident about coming to concerts again. The latest government announcement on COVID restrictions reassures us that we can go ahead as planned, but our safety measures will remain in place, going above and beyond legal requirements. Here's a summary of these measures:
- Capacity in all venues will be limited to 50% or less to allow for social distancing (and we won't suddenly change this closer to the time!).
- You will be seated with your booking 'bubble', with our cabaret-style seating ensuring an intimate, informal atmosphere despite distancing.
- Audience members will be warmly encouraged to wear masks indoors if they can.
- Events last a maximum of 75 minutes without interval, with most events one hour or shorter.
- Venues will be ventilated between performances.
- Touch points in our venues will be regularly cleaned and hand sanitiser will be available.
- The Oxford Lieder team will be wearing masks and taking lateral flow tests each day.
Anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID may not attend Festival events, and refunds will be offered to those unable to attend for this reason.
We hope that this gives you the confidence to book your in-person tickets, and that we'll see you in Oxford very soon for what promises to be a wonderful and uplifting fortnight. If you're not ready or able to attend in person this year, then you'll still be able to join our 20th anniversary celebrations wherever you are in the world, as we'll be livestreaming the entire Festival programme online.
Watch all events online or in person with a Festival Pass. Click here to find out more.