Lauf der Welt
Part of a series or song cycle:
Sechs Lieder (Six Songs) (Op. 48)
Lauf der Welt
The Way of the World
If you would like to use our texts and translations, please click here for more information.
Johann Ludwig Uhland, was a German poet, philologist and literary historian.
He was born in Tübingen, Württemberg, and studied jurisprudence at the university there, but also took an interest in medieval literature, especially old German and French poetry. Having graduated as a doctor of laws in 1810, he went to Paris for eight months to continue his studies of poetry; and from 1812 to 1814 he worked as a lawyer in Stuttgart, in the bureau of the minister of justice.
Taken from Wikipedia. To view the full article, please click here.
See Full Entry
Sorry, no further description available.
Previously performed at:
(As part of a song cycle/series:)
- 18 Mar 2022: Paula Murrihy & Sholto Kynoch: Tell Me the Truth About Love
- 13 Oct 2021: 32. Catriona Morison & Malcolm Martineau: Brahms, Grieg, Schumann & Lang
- 28 Mar 2020: Grieg, Strauss & Berlioz: Ailish Tynan & James Baillieu
- 13 Jun 2019: Song at Wolfson / Rowan Pierce: Schumann and Grieg
- 09 Jun 2019: Oxford Lieder at Fairlight Hall: Rowan Pierce sings Schumann and Grieg
- 14 Oct 2017: Songs of Youth & Experience: Anna Stéphany & Sholto Kynoch
- 04 Mar 2017: Benjamin Appl & Sholto Kynoch