Part of a series or song cycle:
Mild summer night
If you would like to use our texts and translations, please click here for more information.
Alma Maria Mahler Gropius Werfel (born Alma Margaretha Maria Schindler; 31 August 1879 – 11 December 1964) was a Viennese-born composer, author, editor and socialite. She composed at least 17 songs for voice and piano. She was married to Gustav Mahler.
Read her full Wikipedia article here.
See Full Entry
Sorry, no further description available.
Previously performed at:
- 05 Apr 2019: Katarina Karnéus & Julius Drake
- 10 Mar 2019: Oxford Lieder at Fairlight Hall: Rozanna Madylus Sings Alma and Gustav M...
- 28 Feb 2019: Song at Wolfson / Rozanna Madylus: Mahler Rückert Lieder
- 28 Oct 2017: Mastercourse Concert
- 26 Oct 2017: Mahler, Berg, Korngold & Strauss: Angelika Kirchschlager & Julius Drake
- 22 Oct 2017: Mahler: Reader, Thinker, Composer: Christina Sidak & Deirdre Brenner
(As part of a song cycle/series:)
- 23 Oct 2017: Mastercourse Day One
About Oxford Lieder
Oxford Lieder is one of the world's leading promoters of song and the winner of a prestigious Royal Philharmonic Society Award. The focal point of each year is the two-week Oxford Lieder Festival in October.Find out More