Part of a series or song cycle:
Die schöne Müllerin (D795 (Op. 25))
If you would like to use our texts and translations, please click here for more information.
Franz Peter Schubert was an late Classical and early Romantic composer. He produced a vast oeuvre during his short life, composing more the 600 vocal works (largely Lieder), and well as several symphonies, operas, and a large body of piano music. He was uncommonly gifted from a young age, but appreciation of his music was limited during his lifetime. His work became more popular in the decades after his death, and was praised by 19th century composers, including Mendelssohn, Schumann, Brahms, and Liszt.
Information from Wikipedia. Read more here.
See Full Entry
Johann Ludwig Wilhelm Müller was a German lyric poet.
Wilhelm Müller was born on October 7, 1794 at Dessau, the son of a tailor. He was educated at the gymnasium of his native town and at the University of Berlin, where he devoted himself to philological and historical studies. In 1813-1814 he took part, as a volunteer in the Prussian army, in the national rising against Napoleon. He participated in the battles of Lützen, Bautzen, Hanau and Kulm. In 1814 he returned to his studies at Berlin. From 1817 to 1819, he visited southern Germany and Italy, and in 1820 published his impressions of the latter in Rom, Römer und Römerinnen. In 1819, he was appointed teacher of classics in the Gelehrtenschule at Dessau, and in 1820 librarian to the ducal library. He remained there the rest of his life, dying of a heart attack aged only 32.
Taken from Wikipedia. To view the full article, please click here.
See Full Entry
Sorry, no further description available.
Previously performed at:
(As part of a song cycle/series:)
- 23 Feb 2022: Song at Wolfson: Caspar Singh & Sholto Kynoch / Die schöne Müllerin
- 20 Feb 2022: Oxford Lieder at Fairlight Hall: Caspar Singh & Sholto Kynoch / Die schö...
- 19 Feb 2022: Oxford Lieder at Rye Creative Centre: Caspar Singh & Sholto Kynoch / Die...
- 08 Oct 2021: 02. Simon Bode & Simon Lepper: Die schöne Müllerin
- 16 Oct 2020: 32. Die schöne Müllerin: Ashley Riches & Sholto Kynoch
- 06 Apr 2019: Die schöne Müllerin - Klemens Sander & Sholto Kynoch
- 17 May 2018: Song at Wolfson: Martin Hässler sings Die schöne Müllerin
- 23 Oct 2017: Die Schöne Müllerin: Roderick Williams & Iain Burnside