Op. 2 no.1
Part of a series or song cycle:
Vier Lieder (Op. 2)
If you would like to use our texts and translations, please click here for more information.
Richard Fedor Leopold Dehmel was a German poet and writer. His poems use a range of metrical patterns, and have been set to music by composers such as Richard Strauss, Arnold Schoenberg, and Kurt Weill. His poetry often focused on themes of love and sensuality, and he was tried for obscenity and blasphemy in the late 1890s.
See Full Entry
Sorry, no further description available.
Previously performed at:
- 17 Mar 2022: The Oxford Lieder Young Artist Programme Audition Recitals (Day One - Pa...
- 23 Oct 2017: Mastercourse Day One
(As part of a song cycle/series:)
- 20 Oct 2021: 83. Gweneth Ann Rand: Four Last Songs
- 20 Oct 2021: 81. Gweneth Ann Rand: Four Last Songs (first performance)
- 24 Oct 2019: 72. Four Last Songs: Carolyn Sampson & Joseph Middleton
- 20 Oct 2018: Stockholm to Vienna: Camilla Tilling & Paul Rivinius
- 20 Oct 2017: The End of Romanticism: Caitlin Hulcup & Lada Valesová